New updates (from 4/5) causing problem getting into gnome

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Apr 11 18:21:16 UTC 2004

On Saturday 10 April 2004 16:03, Brian Bober wrote:
> Is it a problem I ended up with multiple copies of the policy packages? Is
> this supposed to happen?
>
> policy-sources-1.9.2-10
> policy-sources-1.10.2-1
> policy-sources-1.10.1-2
> policycoreutils-1.10-1
> policy-sources-1.9.2-12
> policy-1.10.2-1
> checkpolicy-1.10-1

There have been some problems with up2date deleting (and in some cases adding)
packages when selinux=1 enforcing=1.  I suggestion you check bugzilla for
reports against up2date (and possibly policy).  I know these problems (as
described above) exist because they have happened to me.

As I understand the current situation, the problem is not clearly understood
(although I have gotten it to repeat so it is not just a fluke).
--
Gene