fc2-test2 module reiserfs.ko broken in kernels 2.6.5-1.308, 309 and 315

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 11:16:06 UTC 2004

Roland Wolters wrote:
> Once upon a time Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>I was getting this error when installing the kernel and did not have
>>reiserfs to cause this error. (vmware with ext3 on the virtual drive.)
>

> The Eroor is about an unknown symbol "sleep_on" - its an error about a driver,
> not about the working with the file system, I think.
>

>>Do you get a grub entry and an intird image for the kernel?
>

> I got it, everything worked fine for me (installing, grub entry), htere was
> just the Warning, not an Error.
>

>>The reiserfs problem that I saw on one of my other computers would cause
>>a system lockup when a reiserfs mount, was selected on boot, through
>>/etc/fstab. If the reiserfs volume mounted, after computer was booted
>>successfully, the volume could not be unmounted. I could do other
>>things, except unmount reiserfs and poweroff the computer successfully.
>

> For me mount is unable to mount reiserfs volumes, translated in english there
> is a error message like
>
> Filesystem >>reiserfs<< is not supported by the kernel
> unknown symbol sleep_on
>
> everytime I try to mount reiserfs, also at startup, when the skripts are going
> through fstab.
> No system lockups, no problems with unmounting (their is no partition to
> unmount).
>
> Roland

I tried to access a reiserfs volume and it would not mount, as you
experenced. The grub and intird image was alright. Is there an SELinux
aware reiserfs module being created with a different name? (sereiserfs
or similar named)

I was confusing the vmware kernel installation problem with the native
installation error with reiserfs. The vmware kernel error fails to
update grub entries, make an intird image, instead of just issuing a
warning about reiserfs. (sleep_on)

Jim
--
Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of new
developments.