Re; 4KSTACKS again.

Gavin Graham gavindi at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 13 20:56:01 UTC 2004

Re: 4KSTACKS again

> Too bad. External binary modules never have, and never will hold back
> development. NVIDIA need to issue driver updates that work accordingly.

"Too Bad". This comment sums it up for me. Forget about the end user! They are just the people that run this damn software!
I guess if your target user base is corporate environments then who cares about 3d graphics. I obviously thought wrongly as I assumed that Fedora was the version people run on their desktop.
I dont care if nVidia or Fedora are at fault here - I just believe that fedora should be more flexible with its stance on these types of issues.
The last thing you need is a noob to try Fedora, not get 3d working, be told "too bad", have to learn to recompile kernels etc. Way to make people not use your software!!!

I am all for going forward & development etc but their has to be some consideration given to what people have that is either legacy, non-standard or proprietry.
..Or even some notification that "Feature xxxx may break as a result of this change".