4K STACKS

Gavin Graham g.graham at orrcon.com.au
Tue Apr 13 22:17:15 UTC 2004

>This is a test release.  Period.  Yes, forget about the end user,
>because this is a test release.  nVidia's drivers are a black box.
>There is no way to tell if they are broken because of a change that a
>developer made or a wrong assumption nVidia made.  Using developer time
>to probe a black box with a stick is a waste of developer time.

I just hope the "Too Bad" attitude does not flow over into stable
releases.

> I am all for going forward & development etc but their has to be some
> consideration given to what people have that is either legacy,
> non-standard or proprietry.

>>You contradict yourself.  What you are really saying "you can go
>>forward, but only as far as nVidia will let you".  Nope, doesn't work
>>that way. Should AMD no have released the AMD64 because nVidia didn't
>>have a display driver for it?

There was no contradiction and I didn't say that development should
stop. I hope your response was not emotionally based here.

> ..Or even some notification that "Feature xxxx may break as a result
of this change".

>>nVidia support isn't a feature of Fedora.  Fedora support is a feature
>>(or in the case of test releases, not a feature) of nVidia's driver.

Ok, "Feature" is the wrong word so dont get caught up in it.
--
Gavin Graham
Systems Operations Supervisor
P:  07 32740549    E: g.graham at orrcon.com.au