Re; 4KSTACKS again.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Apr 14 14:03:24 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 07:49, Ben Steeves wrote:
> I used XXXXXXXX instead of 4KSTACKS 'cos I think this is a relevant
> question for any compile option that suddenly goes away.
>
> As far as 4KSTACKS and Nvidia drivers go, I could care less.

I think one thing you might have missed is that Red Hat employs several
mainline kernel developers.  Possibly they test out features/misfeatures
(depending upon your POV) in the Fedora test line before putting them in
mainline?  Since the patch in question appears to be a nonoptional one, it's
probably the same patch as will get applied to the mainline source; why
bother to test two patch sets?  Read the kernel 'maintainers' file and see
who Dave Jones and the rest @redhat.com are in the mainline development team.
You will be surprised.
--
Lamar Owen