Question about update policy / policy-sources to 1.10.2-4

Ling Li ling at caltech.edu
Thu Apr 15 00:51:53 UTC 2004

> I just updated policy and policy-sources packages. Because of problems
> with up2date (since the last update to prog hangs after fetching the rpm
> headers - no, the mirror is quick and responsive) I had to download
> manually and did an installation with rpm -U policy*
>
> I got warnings:
>   .../policy.[15-16]  created as .../policy.??.rpmnew
>
> Question 1: what is the preferred method using rpm? -U seems to be wrong
> because the new files will not be installed.

The same here. I always manually moved the policy???.rpmnew to policy???
but I have no idea what I was doing. I got the impression from SELINUX
FAQ that policy-sources is not needed if you don't want to divert from
the default one. Anyway, why cannot rpm cleanly upgrade the policies?

> Then I got an error message:
>
>   Error: %post(policy-1.20.2-4) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
>
> without any further hint. And after that msg another warning about
> ./src/policy/policy.conf being saved as policy.conf.rpmsave
The same here, too. Seems to be fixed, at least in policy-1.11.2-1.

--Ling