Hello - unbootable test2 discs

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 07:55:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 17:51, yonas abraham wrote:

> I downloaded via Bittorent and burned them on redhat9 machine using
> xcdroast and they work fine. I think there must be some difference.

No. It's not in the burning.
The problem happens consistently for me with FC2T2 and Mandrake
Community 10.0 - does not happen with any other distro.

Doesn't matter what OS I am booted from when I burn.
And CD's I burn for other people often work just fine for them.

It's not a burning software issue.
I believe it's an issue with the bios.

PC's suck (compared to macs) with how they boot from a CD.
Some older bios require the initrd be precisely 1.44 MB
Some allow 2.88 MB - some allow 4MB - but anyway, bootable CD's is a
hack and really needs to be fixed on the PC hardware-wise.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/