AMD64: Window Manager Weirdness

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Fri Apr 16 11:49:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am experiencing weird behaviour of the window manager with the current
Fedora development snapshot on a dual AMD Opteron system:
- Windows are placed on the edge of the desktop
- they do not have a title bar
- decorations are placed inside the application viewport
- appearance is corrected after resizing the window or opening the
  gnome-window-properties application
- window hints are ignored (panel does also get a title bar)
- key bindings (e.g. Meta-Tab) do not work except for windows that
  were mapped when running gnome-window-properties
see the following screenshot for some details
http://www.hostmaster.org/~thomasz/window-decorations.png

Regards
Tom
--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

We are tied to the ocean. And we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or
to watch it we are going back from whence we came. - John F. Kennedy