D-Link DWL 520 Wireless card

Ive racked my little brain all evening trying to get a DWL 520 wireless NIC card working on FC2 on my home machine. I have been trying a number of different things and just can't make any headway.

I'm trying to install th hostap driver and I get these mesages. I'm not sure how to configure the kernel for CONF_NET_RADIO

root TimsFC2 hostap-driver-0.2.0]# make
Makefile:20: /usr/src/linux/.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:38: WARNING: No kernel PCMCIA support found and PCMCIA_PATH is not defined
Makefile:45: WARNING: Linux wireless extensions, CONFIG_NET_RADIO, not enabled in the kernel
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/.config'. Stop.

Does anyone know an easier way to make a simple wireless NIC work?