Re; 4KSTACKS again.

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 17 20:33:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 11:25:45AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:54:53PM -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
> > Now, maybe the idea here is activism: using the FC2 kernel as a
> don't expect proprietary vendors to worry too much until FC2 is out there,
> supporting betas is hard work with little reward for them.

Alan,

I am curious why the change to 4K stacks was made.

I assume from comments that it permits mapping an invalid page
to trap overflow errors.

Is there a list archive that has a summary on this and some
information about how one might take advantage of this change?

Thanks,
mitch

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l