Safe state for rawhide install

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 02:22:01 UTC 2004

I just completed a fresh install of today's rawhide. (development)

Packages are fewer on the default install. This makes the menus less
cluttered.

The sound icon works during firstboot on initial click.

My scanner works as root, but not as a regular user.

Selinux messages scrolled heavily when running rpm. Packages installed
alright and no additional errors present.

Also, X is configured correctly and there is no error popup with a clean
installation.

I had to manually install mozilla mail. I like the mailer.

I don't know what tomorrow's development state will be. Today was pretty
decent though.

Jim