Fedora Core 3

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 20:36:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 12:47, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> mike wrote:
>
> >BTW I was ecstatic when I realised exim has been added to fedora core -
> >would be nioce to have it as an option in install tho'
> >

> And also if it sendmail was made to NOT be compulsory.  If we install
> postfix/exim on install, why do we still need sendmail?
>
> Mark

I agree - make sendmail an option.
If you choose mail server from the server options, sendmail should
probably be the default - there are a lot of third party milters etc.
that really do need sendmail. But unless you are really running a _real_
mail server - postfix in a chroot jail is a better choice for a default
MTA.

You do need an MTA for things like cron - but if all you have is a small
yard, you don't need the John Deere Tractor.

-=-
btw - speaking of cron, what about fcron instead of cron? ;)

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/