error: Bind to port 22

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Mon Apr 26 18:16:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:09:35 -0700, joe <joe at tmsusa.com> wrote:

> Olu Akins wrote:
>

>> error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.
>>
> Of course sshd is running the whole time, but is told to start up upon
> entering the appropriate runlevel. If already running, no harm, but you
> would see the message you cited above.
>
> A reboot BTW would serve absolutely no purpose here -
>
> Joe

I would be willing to bet this is the same problem I had with a new
install of Test2 last week.  I got the exact same error and it was because
I had told the install to not install/enable the firewall and it enabled
it anyway.  Once I disabled it, I stopped getting the error and could SSH
fine.  Of course, if you don't ssh to that box I wouldn't worry about it.