OT - Journaling File Systems?

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Tue Apr 27 17:21:23 UTC 2004

I don't know the answer to your real questions but I will make two
observations.

1) you are using an alpha test environment to test the performance of
stable systems. I would really recommend that you do you testing in FC1
to eliminate some of the unknowns in your environment. I wouldn't
recommend any FC2 environment since Selinux introduced too many
unknowns.
2) I have been getting bad link counts on attribute lists and losing
free blocks on my FC2 test 2 system using ext3. I've been hard rebooting
a lot because of X crashes and seem to get some corruption each time.
This despite the fact that the power off switch gives the kernel four
seconds to clean up its act.