FC2T3 post date and FTP mirrors

Karen Spearel kas11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 18:21:21 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:
>>I think it is much more likely that:
>>
>>C) Permissions are mirrored from the main server.  Once the main server is
>>opened the mirrors will be opened on the next sync.
>

> not true, sadly, most mirrors can't get through to the primary just
> before the release time.
>
> -sv

Is it not true that people who have had the development tree in their
yum.conf or up2date sources effectively already have the content of the
FC2T3 iso files if they have updated their systems since sometime around
last Thursday (provided they are using a mirror that is able to keep in
sync)?...and if they have updated since then they have a more up-to-date
system than they will get by simply installing from the iso's?

Am I not correct in saying that having more people in the torrent is
beneficial, but having numerous people needlessly directly downloading
the iso's will just load down the mirrors and make life just that little
bit worse for everyone?

KAS