test3 and DVD install problems

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Wed Apr 28 19:34:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 20:28, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed from a DVD?  When I boot the DVD, I
> get a curses-style install menu which asks for the language, etc...
> However, when it then asks me where the Fedora core files are, it gives
> me limited options of "Local cdrom, NFS, http and ftp"  It does not
> specify DVD and when I select CDROM, it can't find the files.

Yes, I've done it many times.  If you get teh curses-style menu, then it
is telling you that it cannot really read the DVD.  What type of DVD are
you using (DVD-R, DVD+RW, etc.)?  What drive do you have?

I have a DVD drive that does something similar.  It will boot, and start
the install, but when it starts reading packages it will fail.  A
firmware update helped, but it still has problems sometimes reading a
DVD-R (and it won't even read a DVD-RW).

Forrest