unknown video card and inittab

bastard operater bofh1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:22:05 UTC 2004

I have a system that has a Matrox P650 video card in it.  FC does not
recognize this card and there is no reason is should.  The drivers are
closed source and poorly maintained by matrox.  I can install FC2T3 on the
system using text mode (linux text nofb) and everything works.  I would like
to float the idea that if the video card is not recognized by FC2 then the
default init run level should be 3.  Currently the default is 5.  What do
you think of this idea?

Premium!