lvm2 problems

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 01:42:56 UTC 2004

I am running FC2 (from developement).  Root is on Raid0 lvm2, created by
FC2T1.

When I boot lately, I'm seeing messages about not being able to find device
with uuid xxxx....

I just ran lvdisplay to see what it would say, and it looks like the same
message I saw at boot time:

/usr/sbin/lvdisplay
  Couldn't find device with uuid '2adyAl-cmc6-kSXj-a7Nu-IPmg-YF0e-5ERd6y'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group Volume00.
  Volume group "Volume00" not found

It is not fatal, because it manages to mount anyway:

mount
/dev/mapper/Volume00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)

Do I need to do something?