Woes continue for HP nx9000 notebook FC2 Test3

Saad Liaquat Kiani saad at oslab.khu.ac.kr
Thu Apr 29 11:27:10 UTC 2004

Hi,
Installing fedora core 2 on HP nx9000 notebook (2.4GHz, ati igp 340M 64
MB vga ) is getting frustrating. I will appreciate if anyone can help me
out here.
I posted a message after installing FC2 test 2 here
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-April/msg02082.html .
The installation proces is without any hitch. After installation adn
first reboot, i switch to 'show details' to see what is going on. The
last message that i get on the screen is something like this ... "X
server not configured ... running x configuration' or something similair
to that. The screen goes blank. System hangs. All known key
combincations to bring t out of "Balck screen of death" fail. I force
reboot. Now the system hangs even before i get mouse control to press
the 'show details' link.
I am a newbie. I dont know how to force startup in tet mode only, or
failsafe or single user mode. Therefore I cannot provide any logs right
now, but will surely do so if anyone can help me out with that ...
thanx in advance
saad

P.S. during the three installs i hae set hte monitor type to generic LCD
with different resolutions each time .. 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1024x768