NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Thu Apr 29 15:34:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 11:26, Jerone Young wrote:
> Holly crap...It looks like the SELinux LSM module has
> been the cause of all my stability issues...I placed
> selinux=0 on the kernel command line and rebooted. And
> now my issue has just vanished (I never had SELinux,
> the kernel module is supposed to do nothing it you
> don't have the userspace stuff set, but apparently
> this is not true)...Me not likey this SELinux it is
> causing problems even when it's supposed to be off. It
> looks like you HAVE TO use selinux=0 and fully
> (fully!!) cut off SELinux, not just in userspace like
> redhat is doing now in Test 3. We need selinux=0 added
> to the kernel parms by default on install.

We recently upstreamed a change to allow complete disabling of SELinux,
and SysVinit has been updated to use it.  So with the next kernel
update, /etc/sysconfig/selinux disabled should yield the same behavior
as selinux=0; SELinux will truly be unregistered as a security module.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency