autofs confusion

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Apr 29 18:38:53 UTC 2004

GGC> You did do some sanity checking like: ping localhost.  Does it
GGC> work?

Yes, the network is properly configured and the pings you suggest
work.  The only possible issue I can see there is that the DNS name of
the machine (compute08.math.uh.edu) is mapped to 127.0.0.1, as it is
with the other 150 or so machines that don't have the problem under
discussion.  For grins set things so that only localhost.localdomain
and localhost were mapped to 127.0.0.1 and this did not alter the
situation.

 - J<