java-1.5.0b1 plugin the only one working with mozilla in fc2t3.

Robert Cavey rcavey at g0mos16.gsfcmo.ecs.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 29 19:06:03 UTC 2004

I am running FC2 test2 and Sun 1.4.2_04 is working with mozilla on my
box. We use a timecard site that is a java applet ... it is super slow
but it does eventually come up.

# egrep "j2|mozilla" /var/log/rpmpkgs
j2re-1.4.2_04-fcs.i586.rpm
mozilla-1.6-2.i386.rpm
mozilla-mail-1.6-2.i386.rpm
mozilla-nspr-1.6-2.i386.rpm
mozilla-nss-1.6-2.i386.rpm

One thing to make usre is that you link the correct version of the .so
file which is compiled with gcc3.2.

# ls -la /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjava*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   67 Apr 23 10:34 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_04/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Bob