hdd: status error

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Thu Apr 29 20:20:02 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I just plugged a spare harddisk in my production machine, installed
test3 and all went very well :-D
ATI Radeon 7000, Flattron 995F detected; DDC worked, so I got the full
range of screen-resolutions from the beginning (despite the failing
DDC on my test machine)

Just one possibly minor issue - from dmesg:

hdd: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdd: status error: error=0x20LastFailedSense 0x02
hdd: drive not ready for command
hdd: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdd: status error: error=0x00
hdd: drive not ready for command
hdd: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdd: status error: error=0x00
hdd: drive not ready for command
hdd: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdd: status error: error=0x00
hdd: drive not ready for command
hdd: ATAPI reset complete

This appears multiple times!
After all the CD-writer is at least reading CD's (didn't try burning so far)
Anyone else seeing this ?

Cheers,
Hannes.