unknown video and graphic boot

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 23:47:42 UTC 2004

I have a system that has a Matrox P650 video card in it. FC does not
recognize this card and there is no reason is should. The drivers are closed
source and poorly maintained by matrox. I can install FC2T3 on the system
using text mode (linux text nofb) and everything works. There are a few
screen problems, but nothing cannot live with.

I would like to float the idea that if the video card is not recognized by
FC2 then the default init run level should be 3. Currently the default is 5
which makes the system unusable until I boot into single user mode and
change the inittab to boot to run level 3. What do you think of this idea?