header/RPM mismatch

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Fri Apr 30 17:37:38 UTC 2004

> As a user, which tool am I supposed to use.

Whichever you choose. Personally I solely use yum. That eliminates the
possibility of the two getting out of sync and there's also only one
cache for headers/rpm's.  If you run into trouble with the headers and
packages getting out of sync, yum has options that erase unused headers,
all headers, and/or the cached packages. You can also schedule yum to
run automatically each night through system-config-services. You can use
the same repos with either so you really only need one.  I'm sure others
could give their reasons for using up2date, but I think most will agree
that sticking to one will cause less headaches.

Wayne Steenburg