Evolution Contacts - copy from 1.4.x to 1.5.9.x

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 01:08:06 UTC 2004

Scott Talbot wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 19:00 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>

>>How does one tranfer/copy the contacts contained in version 1.4.x of
>>Evolution into the newer 1.5.9.x version?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Gerry Tool
>>

>	Select the contacts you want to transfer, select menu File--> export
>vcard.
>I think that was the way it is listed, either export or save as.  When I
>did it, it collected all my contacts into 1 file, which imported easily
>into 1.5.9 using the import function.
>
>Scott

Thanks for the info, Scott.  I had tried to copy the addressbook.db and addressbook.db.summary from my old evolution folder to the new .evolution folder.  It didn't seem to "take" even after a logout/login.  However, when I rebooted to import the vcard file I made per your instructions, the contacts were already in 1.5.9, obviously from my previous copy.  Go figure.

Gerry