Latest updares problems

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 19:26:23 UTC 2004

Well, my first post about this problem was ignored so I've decided to
repost it + add some more problems to it.

First of all after clean install of FC3 test 1 I've updated the system
via yum, at this time the sound in gnome was working just fine.

dropped down from kernel -517 to -515, mkinitrd doesn't work ..comes up
with command not found"

installed newest Nvidia drivers and rebooted to KDE ... no sound!

re-logging as root or as user in Gnome or KDE makes no difference still
no sound. I can make the speakers make a sound when I'm muting sound via
Kmix, all I hear is the crackling "on-off" sound

apart form this in KDE the conqueror window keeps crashing every 2-5 sec
after opening.

Another thing, where in new KDE can I stop my monitor form switching
off? all there is in power management is laptop power ..I'm not on
laptop I want my monitor and my HD's to work!..and I do now want to hard
reset my FC box when I come back after more than an hour.