File Types and programs and Nautilus

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 15 00:26:33 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Again, apologies if these have been discussed already...

The File Types and Programs capplet is only showing services for me (in
previous releases, it only showed file types). I manually added a file
type for gnucash (though I don't know if I needed to). It seems to have
taken affect in the system (more on that later), but it never shows up
in the capplet. I also couldn't find anywhere in gconf-editor that it
was added to.

The second issue here is that once I added the file type, nautilus has
started doing some strange stuff. When a folder is first opened, the
icon on the xac files has the image of money on it, so it looks like it
recognized it as a gnucash file. However, when I select the file, it
looks like an xml file (which it is, technically). If I try to open it
in nautilus, I get a message saying the contents are xml but the
extension is gnucash and if I want to open it, to use "Open with". Well,
I right-click and choose "Open with gnucash" and I get the same error.

Within gnucash, I set my preferences to store compressed (gzip format).
Now nautilus doesn't complain about it being xml, but it just says the
application had an error when I try to open the file.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>