Sound server

Philip Pawley philip at alexanderworks.org.uk
Mon Aug 16 16:38:58 UTC 2004

As well as the switchdesk problem, I'm having trouble with the sound server. (This was already happening when I first booted into FC3 test1).

I get this message when I log on:-

Informational - artsmessage

Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver.
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

What's to do here?
Also, I'm having trouble working out how to find FC3 test1 bugs. Where are they being filed? In the bugzilla help section it says:

"Bugs related to the Core components of the Fedora Product distribution. If reporting against a 'test release' then please choose 'test3' as the version. If reporting against a stable release then choose the release number you are using as the version."

But many of the bugs in with "test3" as version relate to FC2 test3!   :-/

(BTW I'm using FC3 test1 for x86_64 on an ASUS SK8V motherboard with an Opteron 146 cpu).

Thanks,

Philip Pawley