Re: Unable to connect to internet

Scott Talbot wrote:

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 17:42 -0400, William Hooper wrote:

Scott Talbot said:

[snip]

I tried to reboot to try the latest kernel and saw an error that I
could not connect to clock server nor synch to timeserver, but I figured
that the server must be down, but found out to my horror that I could not
get on the net, connect to mail server, up2date applet can't connect to
server nothing seems to be working.

[snip]

What does your /etc/resolve.conf say? Are you using a static IP or DHCP?

Thanks William, that waas it. Somehow the resolv.conf file was wiped clean (didn't even have the remark line about being generated by /sbin/dhclient-script.

Just curious though, since I'm DHCP doesn't that get run each log-on?
Oh well, more questions!

Scott

--
William Hooper

Sorry, i'm somewhat of a n00b here--how do i recreate resolv.conf?

in case it would help, here's my info: everything worked fine this morning, but then i did today's up2date stuff and the networking doesn't work now. i did not get a seg fault during the updating.