Lost ability to connect to Internet on test installation.

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 26 03:15:22 UTC 2004

>> recreate /etc/resolv.conf from one of your working systems, then you can
>> get the fix in the current updates.
>>

> Thanks! I'll try that approach next time. Was the /etc/resolve.conf file
> messed up by a particular package?
>
> Jim

Never mind.

Havoc Pennington reported the problem on the devel list. This was on my
8/22 mail that I downloaded but did not read before rebooting.

hp - bringing up an interface creates an empty resolv.conf.
   Writing a correct resolv.conf results in working network,
   so the dhcp succeeds, resolv.conf is just hosed.

This is going to stump a lot of people. How is anyone to guess that this
sort of problem exists? This is going to result in a lot of reinstalls.

Jim