Warnings in PKGORDER.....

William Hewitt wphewitt at bpa.gov
Thu Dec 2 00:57:48 UTC 2004

Hi,
    I am trying to build an iso of fedora core 3 with the rpm updates up
to today and while I am running the pkgorder script, I am getting a slew
of warnings and an occasional removal when running pkgorder....:

examples:

warning: ignore package name relation(s) [42]   cyrus-sasl -> openldap

warning:     initscripts-7.93.5-1
Requires: /sbin/nash
warning: removing mkinitrd-4.1.18-2 "Requires: lvm2" from tsort
relations.
warning:     mkinitrd-4.1.18-2                        Requires: lvm2
warning: removing lvm2-2.00.25-1.01 "Requires: kernel >= 2.6" from tsort
relations.

What is this saying exactly? Should I be concerned?

When all is said and done - I build a CD with the disk 1 ISO and boot to
test the CD, I get a kernel panick.... But all I have done is updated
the rpms with the new ones from updates (I havent added any packages
yet)....... My understanding is that I dont need to do anything to
comps.xml if I am not adding or deleting anything - is this correct? I
havent touched comps.xml....

Can anyone out there give me a clue as to where to look to find out how
to fix this?

WPH