jfs support

Tue Dec 7 14:50:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just mentioned this recently on this list.  They have to be in the FStab
file with a non-zero number in the second to last field.

The problem is probably two-fold:
a.) Supporting JFS hasn't seemeda huge priority to Redhat, they chose ext3
as their main supported filesystem (correct me if I am wrong...).
b.) ext3 replays the journal on any mount attempt.  You have to actually
run fsck on a JFS drive to replay the journal.  If you try to mount a
non-checked dirty jfs partition, it just fails.

This means that even if fedora doesn't run an fsck on an ext3 partiton, it
is simply replayed when mounted.  If it doesn't run a check on a JFS
partition, it fails to mount at all.

 -- noah