Anyone been able to get Armagetron working?

Dale rhl+dale at riyescott.com
Sat Dec 11 19:13:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 11:14:29PM -0500, Jim Martin wrote:
> Just wondering, has anyone been able to get armagetron working on FC3? I
> have it installed but when I try to run it, I get this error:
>
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08b4ba58 ***
> /usr/bin/armagetron: line 15:  6056 Aborted
> $INSTALL/bin/armagetron --datadir $INSTALL --configdir /etc/armagetron
> --userconfigdir $HOME/.armagetron --vardir $VARDIR "$@"
>

> Any ideas??

"The version of glibc provided with Fedora Core 3 performs additional
internal sanity checks to prevent and detect data corruption as early
as possible"

The above is controllable by environment variable.

Search for "glibc" in the FC3 release notes:
    http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/