A small request ...

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Dec 17 13:41:30 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 01:31, William Hooper wrote:

> >> Perhaps you could elaborate?  On my Workstation install there is
> >> exactly one  *i18n* RPM: openoffice.org-i18n.  Granted it is a large
> >> file, but that has already been discussed and IIRC will be broken into
> >> different RPMs for FC4.  That said if you don't need the additional
> >> languges you can just remove it.
> >
> > I  admit I'm not quite sure where these came from, but I have:
> > [tim at alfred ~]$ grep i18n /var/log/rpmpkgs
> > kde-i18n-Brazil-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
> > kde-i18n-British-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
>
> I notice these are all kde releated, so they aren't installed by default.

I should have confessed that I always upgrade on this SCSI machine,
as Fedora doesn't seem to like my Adaptec chip.
So it wasn't a clean install, as I may have suggested.

My recollection is that at some point in my youth
I was asked during installation to choose between KDE and Gnome,
and I chose KDE, so KDE has been installed ever since.

I've just checked on a more standard machine of mine,
and I don't in fact have all this foreign stuff:
=======================================
[tim at helen ~]$ grep i18n /var/log/rpmpkgs
kde-i18n-British-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.2-10.i386.rpm
So I had better withdraw my remark.

Actually, it wasn't really a complaint,
as I like the idea that I could get everything in Norwegian if I wanted ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366