Rawhide SE Linux targeted policy warning !!!

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 18:41:36 UTC 2004

>Suggest setting SELINUX=permissive in /etc/sysconfig/selinux instead
>so that contexts still get set properly (relatively speaking) for when
>the targeted policy is fixed

You are right. But I was thinking of the person discovering that they've fell
into this hole. When you are at the gdm prompt trying to login, your only way of
getting in is disabling selinux on the command prompt, boot up, then set it to
permissive, and reboot.

BTW, this is all that's in the logs:
Dec 24 12:45:24 localhost gdm[2549]: session_child_run: Could not exec
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession default

There is no avc messages or anything useful.

Also, selinux-policy-targeted-1.19.15-5 works fine. Its something in the last day
that causes this.

-Steve Grubb