Kernel building

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Dec 29 18:24:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:23:12AM +0000, Paul wrote:

> Before I do that, this is the output of /proc/scsi/scsi and /sbin/lsusb
> - I'm not sure they marry up!

They do in a sense.

> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: OEI-USB  Model: CompactFlash     Rev: 1.01
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

This looks like an actual memory card you stuck in one of slots...

> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 55aa:b012 OnSpec Electronic, Inc.

and this is that 8-in-2 interface itself.  A pretty popular device.
You will find that, with 55aa:b012 id,  packaged with those floppies
which have also two slots for USB memory cards all fitting into one
regular floppy bay.  It would be nice not to need any "extra
wizzardry" in /etc/modprobe.conf for this to work.

   Michal