Status of Adaptec Hostraid support.

I'm trying, rather unsuccesfully, to get FC1 AMD64 installed on a dual Opteron with an Adaptec 29320-R card.

It looks to me like Adaptec Hostraid is not supported. This is a surprise; up until now Adaptec hardware has a good track record of Linux support, going back for years.

Can someone confirm whether Adaptec hardware RAID is supported, or not. If not, what would be a good hardware RAID card to use in its place?