Re: Status of Adaptec Hostraid support.

Alan Cox writes:

It looks to me like Adaptec Hostraid is not supported.  This is a surprise;
up until now Adaptec hardware has a good track record of Linux support,
going back for years.

The raid card issues go back years actually - AHA hostraid stuff like the IDE raid hasn't been Linux supported, smarter stuff has been well supported.

Well then, so much for Adaptec…

That still leaves the question of a working SCSI hardware raid card.  I'm
open to suggestions.  Some Googling brings up occasional reports of random
glitches with software raid; so I'd still prefer a hardware raid solution.