Re: Trouble with control-center-2.5.2-2

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 10:59, Alexander Brinkman wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 19:29 +0100, Alexander Brinkman wrote:
> > with mortal users was not possible anymore;
>
> Seems I was a little bit too fast sending the first post. It seems that
> it only happens with users who do not have a working GNOME setup

I'd be willing to bet money (well, a bit) that the problem is that the
new users' .gnome, .gnome2, etc. files are being created as owned by
root rather than as that user.  I've seen this before on and off.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen walton csun edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge