Re: Installing on SATA drives?

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:14:03AM -0500, Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:

> I'm putting together a new opteron box, and have two SATA drives hanging
> off a SIS controller. ("Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID controller"

This chip is not currently supported by Fedora Core.  You would basically
have to merge a patch, rebuild the kernel rpms, then rebuild the distro.
It is easier than it sounds, but  I am not sure on the current stability of
that driver, when libata was last merged, it was broken on a large
percentage of systems.

Justin