Re: Installing on SATA drives?

I don't know if there is a big difference between the chips but I run on a Sil3112 using FC1 straight from ISO.

Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:

I'm putting together a new opteron box, and have two SATA drives hanging off a SIS controller. ("Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID controller"

How do I install the x86-64 test release on this? The install kernel doesn't seem to recognize the controller, and I didn't see the driver listed. I presume I'll have to make a driver disk? How do I do that?

Doug