Re: [SPAM] Hello

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 14:27, Alex Thomsen Leth wrote:
> it cant run under linux ???
[SNIP]

No, it does not run under (nor infect) Linux.  But, someone who is still
encumbered by the granddaddy virus (a.k.a. Windows) has your email
address in their address book.  One of the ways in which MyDoom spreads
itself by sending mail to people in the infected machines address book
and spoofing the "From:" field to be from other people in the infected
machines address book.

I have had a couple of these myself.  :-)  Sux, eh?

DISCLAIMER:  This message contains my opinions and has not been scanned
by the powers that be at my employer.  If you are offended by my putting
Windows into it's proper category...tough.  That is where I put it.  You
do not have to agree for my opinion to stand.  Live with it.  Thank
you.  Have a nice day :-).
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont gurulabs com>
Senior Instructor