Re: Fedora for AMD64

Shah Amit wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Fedora Core 1 for Amd64 test1 release for the 64bit AMD processor ?? I have an emachines laptop - 6805 which has the AMD64 ... I want to try to install Fedora on this, but I dont know how good and stable the Fedora AMD64 is ... .If anyone can give me some advise ... If not Fedora, which distro would be the best for the 64 bit AMD ...

You could try Mandrake Linux. They have recently shipped their 9.2 product for amd64 and active development is going on (packages are being built & uploaded continuously). Finding a mirror that carries the amd64 cooker may be difficult, but this one has it: ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mandrake-devel/cooker/amd64/

Enjoy.

Stefan