Re: Upgrade to fc2

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 14:14, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Lamont R. Peterson (lamont gurulabs com) said:
> > Speaking of SELinux with FC2, I would like to see FC2 ship a 2.4 kernel
> > with enough SELinux support built in so as to not hose up the system for
> > the installed 2.6 kernel(s).
> >
> > Personally, I do not plan on utilizing such a kernel, except during the
> > test series of releases.  However, I think there may be several people
> > who would want to be able to run both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels during a
> > "transition" period of their choosing.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Really too much work to be worth the effort. Requires backporting
> all the EA, ACL, and SELinux code.

All of that backporting has already been done by NSA & friends.

However...Jef is right, though more articulate that I was about why not
to do this.  I do not want to detract one bit from 2.6 testing
*especially* when it comes to SELinux.  With that said...I will stop
distracting you all from testing 2.6 kernels :-).
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont gurulabs com>
Senior Instructor