Re: No sound under the 2.6.1 test kernels

Earlier I commented about adding the modules to my rc.local file and was able to have sound.

all I know is that someone commented about oss emulation and the modules were not loaded by default.

For my lack of complete understanding of the sound issue, I went ahead and just added this to get the sound to work.

The usb sound might be a bit harder to get working though.

Also, I know what is meant about bugs sitting out for awhile and not actively being worked on for resolutions. I realize the employee to bug count is really high and priorities come into play.

See attached file (rc.local)

Jim
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
modprobe snd-seq-oss
modprobe snd-pcm-oss
modprobe snd_intel8x0