Re: FC1 -> FC2 upgrade and LVM

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 07:28 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   IIRC (and i could be totally off-base here), the 2.6 kernel handles LVM2
> *only*.  so what happens to all those LVM1 partitions?

The LVM2 tools can be compiled to support the LVM1 metadata.  So we do
so.

>   a more general question might be, is there at least a list of
> *theoretical* upgrade issues we have to deal with if we want to try
> it?

There are some migration issues due to device nodes needing to change
right now that keep things from working flawlessly.  But with a bit of
care, it can be coaxed into working.  Before the release (and hopefully
before test2), a lot of these things will get ironed out.

Jeremy