Re: yum repository for FC2 equivalent rpms?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  just to make sure i get this right, am i correct in assuming that
the FC 2 equivalent rpms can be found at

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ ???

i recall someone mentioning rawhide as well, so what's the canonical repository for this? thanks.

rday

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
would give you the i386 related rpms. The other way will work until you get a noarch rpm. This rpm could be located in s390, ppp64 or any other different archetecture, which may not be carrying the arch the header points to. (ftp error 550 through up2date)
The download.fedora.redhat.com probably carries all the archs and would probably work with the link that you listed. (Though probably at a very slow rate)

The mirror that I use only has the i386 and the amd64 directories. (and is usually fast (300 kps or better)

Adding what Seth passed on should also work. I prefer the i386 listing for up2date and for yum configuration, myself.

Jim