hw recommendations?

Title: hw recommendations?

Hi,
In the next couple of days I will be ordering an Athlon 64 based system.  I was wondering if I could get a few recommendations on what works well under the 2.4.22 kernel that ships with Fedora core 1 64 test 1?  In particular:

1.  Does the features of the Gigabyte ga-k8v800 work well?
2.  Is the S-ATA controller supported?
3.  Is the onboard LAN supported?
4.  Is the onboard sound supported?
5.  Which has better support the ATI 9700 pro or the NVIDIA 5900?

If it would be helpfull, I can obtain and supply the chip models that are used on that mobo.  If I should go to a different mobo, please advise!

Thanks,
Cecil Whitley