Re: hw recommendations?

Whitley CTR Cecil H writes:

I guess ATI missed a sale then.  Presumably one lost sale won't hurt
them.  It was my understanding that they had released some driver source
and I would have liked to reward that.  Does the NVIDIA driver come in the
ISO's or will I need to track it down?

There are AMD64 boards out there with Rage XL chipsets. Rage XL should be fairly well supported in XFree86. Look into Tyan motherboards.